www.aka.ms/phonelinkqrc connects an Android device to a Windows PC. This feature from Microsoft can only use on Android or Windows devices. Using the aka.ms/phonelinkqrc feature, you can connect your smartphone to your PC and use your phone’s features on your computer.
- Your Phone Companion: If you don’t have this app on your Android phone, don’t worry. We have a simple solution: go to aka.ms/phonelinkqrc on your phone’s web browser.
- Your Phone app on your Windows PC: If you updated to Windows 10 or later on October 10, 2018, the Your Phone app was already on your PC.
- Wi-Fi connection: To avoid problems, both devices must connect to a strong and stable internet connection.
With the Windows Creators Update’s new Phone Link feature, you can sync your phone with your computer. This means that you can see notifications, texts, and app alerts from your phone right on your computer. You can also use your phone as a mouse or keyboard for your computer. You only need the aka.ms/phonelinkqrc code to get started.
With the aka.ms/phonelinkqrc feature, you can connect your phone to a Windows computer by following the steps below.
- Start the app called “Settings” on your computer.
- Click the Phone Option button next.
- Click the “Add a phone” button, as shown below. Choose the type of phone you want to add in the next window.
- Click “Continue” to link to the next page.
- Type in your working cell phone number and click Send. Microsoft will send you a text message with the link to download the Phone Companion app, which is needed to connect your phone to your computer.
- Click the link to download Microsoft’s “Your Phone Companion” app.
- After you’ve download and installed the app, open it and scan the QR code on aka.ms/phonelinkqrc.
- Your phone now connects to your computer.
Another Method to Link Your Phone
- Look for “Phone Link” on your desktop and click on the option.
- On the screen that comes up, click “Get Started.”
- Click “Sign in” under “Sign in with Microsoft.”
- Enter the account’s email address and password.
- Go to aka.ms/phonelinkqrc on your Android phone.
- This should send you to the Google Play Store to get the app.
- After downloading the app, open it and choose “Link your phone and PC.”
- Go to www.aka.ms/phonelinkqrc on your desktop browser.
- A QR code will make after a few seconds.
- Tap “Continue,” and tap “Allow” to give the camera access.
- To scan the code, move your phone closer to your computer.
- Accept permissions for contacts, calls, SMS, photos, and other media. Tap the next screen to move on.
- Choose if you want the app to run while you do something else.
- This is more convenient, but it will shorten the battery’s life.
- Select ‘Done’ on your phone and ‘Continue’ on your computer.
- First, open the application called Link to Windows.
- Then click “Connect Your Phone to Your PC.”
- Click “Keep Going.”
- After that, you will have more than one choice.
- Now, use the camera on your phone to scan the QR code on your Windows PC.
- Then, to see the QR code, go to www.aka.ms/phonelinkqrc.
- Then, press the “Back” button and select “Sign in with Microsoft.”
- Allow the permissions and settings that are needed, and then click Done.